I've got the same problem. Unsure how to fix. I know it worked in 3.1, so they probably changed the order in which the devices are probed,
Knoppix seems to determine that my USB WebCam (Logitech 3000 something or other) as my sound card. I also have an SB Live, which is the proper card.
If I remove the USB WebCam, all is well. Is there any way to get Knoppix to detect the proper hardware without disconnecting the WebCam, possibly some cheat code?
Thanks!
I've got the same problem. Unsure how to fix. I know it worked in 3.1, so they probably changed the order in which the devices are probed,
IRQ conflicts perhaps. Try reassigning IRQ's in BIOS.
Uhm, I don't think so. USB vs. PCI shouldn't have conflicting IRQs. At least, my soundcard is detected on boot even when the webcam is plugged in. It's just not used. So both my USB OHCI and my souncard work (from the same IRQ btw). Pluging in the webcam after boot gives you a fully functional soundcard and webcam.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Knoppix 3.1 worked just fine, so there must be a problem with the 3.2 config scripts. It works under windows too. I think I'll check out the remastering howto to see where the knoppix scripts are stored and how to acces them. I might find out what's wrong.
btw, if someone would want to try the IRQ reassigning. Modern (> PII and athlons) hardware is so filled with built-in hardware that has an IRQ for it's own, that most of the time the only thing you can do to free up and IRQ is disabling APM. This isn't bad, since PCI hardware should have an identification number of it's own so the OS can distinguish between multiple cards on the same IRQ channel.
Early PCI hardware didn't send an id-nr. Since it was mostly tested on harware with *loads* of spare IRQs this didn't show up. But since USB and APM and probably some more 'new' stuff also take an IRQ by design it's getting quite sparse with this room.
I have the same problem, but I have a Logitech 4000 Pro and a AC97 onbord sound card

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
Parceiro 1.1 for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Case Repaired, Tested
$229.99
Commodore Amiga 1080 CRT Computer Monitor *TESTED/WORKING*
$250.00
Vintage 1976 Commodore MOS KIM-1 Single Board Computer 6502 SBC w/ 4 Manuals
$1400.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00