-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
knokoutned
ok, thanks alot.
I think i might have messed up the burning process, can you reccomend a good (preferably free) that i could use to re-burn the ISO
There's a burner in Knoppix, but that's kind of a chicken and egg thing .....
Nero used to let you download it and use it as a free trial for some period of time (I think 30 days). I'm not certain but I think that's still the case. I believe it makes entries in the registery (maybe elsewhere) to enforce the trial period. There very well could be other free Windows tools, but none come to mind. Perhaps someone else will make a suggestion.
I'm not clear on why you say I think i might have messed up the burning process. Do you have reason to think that something went wrong when you burned it with your software? Most good burning software can burn an iso image, but you don't just copy it to the CD (the common rookie mistake). Why do you think your burn isn't good? Also worth mentioning, did you check the md5 sum of the iso file that you downloaded? This is very important, particularly if you downloaded by HTTP or FTP rather than by Bittorrent. At least half of the knoppix ISO files I've downloaded have been corrupt. If you can't be bothered to learn how to check the md5 sum then you're likely going to waste a lot of time and no burning software will help you. And if you just can't be bothered to take this simple step, then maybe Linux isn't for you anyway.
Similar Threads
-
By shojen in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
-
By kinneas in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 03:55 AM
-
By Mavrious in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 03:49 AM
-
By woody1377 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:53 PM
-
By bob bobbish in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95