-
knoppix wont boot from lilo
I an new to Linux and knoppix.
I have XP on C: that is formatted NTFS, a logical drive d: that is fat32 and a Linux swap partition and a Linux partition.
When I first installed Knoppix, my d: disappeared in XP.
After a little research, I discovered it was because I had drive d: as a primary partition.
I ended up copying the data to my Linux partition and deleting d: .
I made a new logical drive d: and made it smaller.
I used a program call Driveworks to move the leftover space to my Linux partition.
I not really familiar with Qpartd and for some reason it wont open when I'm in knoppix, unless I boot from the CD.
After the partition creation and resizing, knoppix won't boot and I had to boot from the CD to move my data back to the new d: drive which works great.
I think i need to edit Lilo now to let it know how I changed the partition data, but I don't know how to edit in Linux.
Any help would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By gieltje in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By simmo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By bitwarrior in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 03:57 AM
-
By dee_tt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99