Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Teeny tiny mouse pointer -- fixed!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41

    Teeny tiny mouse pointer -- fixed!

    I've got a poorman's 3.3 running on a PII ThinkPad, and it works great. Problem is, I can't figure out how to change the mouse pointer so it's bigger.

    I imagine I'll need to add some commands to knoppix.sh to remove the link to the cursor file, then replace the link with a cursor file of my own. But which file is it? And is there a ready-made replacement?

    Please help, this is driving me nuts!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    Okay, I found something that works pretty well. The arrow pointer and I-bar are big, but some pointers (like the hand) stay the same size as before. I'm happy with it anyway, so perhaps others will find it useful.

    I started by right-clicking /etc/X11/Xsession and opening it with kedit. Just before the line:

    # sanity check; is our session script directory present?

    I inserted this:

    export XCURSOR_SIZE=64

    That "64" is pretty big, but I haven't experimented with other values. I saved the file in /mnt/hda1; it could also be saved to a floppy.

    I then made a knoppix.sh file containing this:

    rm -f /etc/X11/Xsession
    cp /mnt/hda1/Xsession /etc/X11/Xsession

    To do this with a floppy, you'd use:

    rm -f /etc/X11/Xsession
    cp /mnt/floppy/Xsession /etc/X11/Xsession

    Now I boot with the myconf (or floppyconf) cheat code so the modified file gets copied on startup.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Another way: edit /etc/alternatives/X-cursor-theme. Just comment out the 'inherits=' line & your system will revert to the default medium sized black standard X cursor.

Similar Threads

  1. changing the mouse pointer in KDE??
    By redhawk in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 06:58 PM
  2. Mouse Pointer Theme ?
    By efi360 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 10:38 PM
  3. Knoppix - mouse pointer
    By PR_J in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 01:43 AM
  4. N00B: Mouse pointer help.
    By VenomX in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 09:32 AM
  5. How can I change the mouse pointer?!
    By PsycoX in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70