Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 file needed

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 3.3 file needed

    Does anyone still have Knoppix 3.3 laying around? I would really like to get the file /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/misc/ndiswrapper.o from Knoppix 3.3.
    This file is only 120Kb so it's crazy to download the whole 700MB, especially when my internet account allows me 200MB per month. And the Knoppix resellers here in Australia don't keep old versions.

    I am trying to get a prism2-based usb wireless adapter working in Luit Linux. Luit is one of the many "mini" derivatives of Knoppix, and it has the 2.4.22-xfs kernel.
    The linux-wlan-ng drivers refuse to work.
    ndiswrapper looks like it will work, but I have the wrong kernel module file, and it complains about this mismatch.

    Any suggestions would be welcome, too.
    My email is [email protected]
    Thanks
    Craig S

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Knoppix 3.3 file needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tempestuous
    Does anyone still have Knoppix 3.3 laying around?...
    I have some 3.3 CD's around. Don't have the original ISO but should be able to get the file you need from the CD. I'll contact you by private messages to get contact information.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    I don't think I have the file, but anyways, you so need a new ISP. No offense or anything, but even a 5GB dl limit is too small.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Ok, here's the problem: I booted Knoppix 3.3. In /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/ there are directories "build", "kernel", "net", "pcmcia", and "usb", but no directory "misc".

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    Sorry everyone, I was looking at a hard drive install of Knoppix 3.4 on which I must have installed ndiswrapper, because I can't find it on the 3.4 CD.
    So it looks like I will have to download Knoppix 3.3, install to HD, then install ndiswrapper.
    Sorry for the trouble.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    Well there's a happy ending to this messy problem - to avoid the long-winded process of compiling the correct modules for Luit's 2.4.22-xfs kernel, I took some drastic action.
    I upgraded Luit's kernel to 2.4.26 in a very ugly fashion by deleting its kernel file plus modules directory, then replaced them with those from DamnSmallLinux.
    I half expected boot failure or kernel panic ... but no, it all worked! And with the new kernel, the linux-wlan-ng drivers now work great!

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.3 bug-Help needed
    By amrith100 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 07:03 PM
  2. File recovery / File permissions help needed?
    By sepekte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:54 PM
  5. file needed
    By beachbumtroy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection picture

Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection

$129.99



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



VINTAGE  RARE Overland 9 Track tape drive for mainframe computer storage picture

VINTAGE RARE Overland 9 Track tape drive for mainframe computer storage

$900.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$236.55