View Poll Results: Do you find this of use?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Linux_Newbie's and Another Burning issue

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stourbridge U.K.
    Posts
    3

    Linux_Newbie's and Another Burning issue

    Hi guys,
    Sorry if this is another dull posting. But as a Linux Newbie I found I had a few problems getting Knoppix to boot from my CD's I was burning. After many trials and errors several CD's later and much searching around eventually worked out what the problem was. I had WinRar installed on my system and the ISO file I had downloaded was showing it as a WinRar File. As a Noob I mistakenly extracted the files thinking they were compressed and tried making bootable discs with the files to no avail.
    Any way I sorted out the problem and have created a Tutorial on how to burn these discs Step by Step with detailed images for anyone that is interested.
    Hope this is O.K.
    See what you think and let me know. Constuctive comments please. Thanks
    http://www.rocketfodder.pwp.blueyond...Nero_page1.htm

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Pictures are always nice.

    Good job.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Your page is useful but requires the flashplugin to be installed. I do not use flash on firefox at all, so the only way I was to properly view the page was to copy the URL into IE & then it worked. Please consider using GIFs or PNGs instead of flash graphics.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    *claps* that a very good done job for a newbie... oh by the way... nice way to lay out the picture... *thumbs up*...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Stourbridge U.K.
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    Your page is useful but requires the flashplugin to be installed. I do not use flash on firefox at all, so the only way I was to properly view the page was to copy the URL into IE & then it worked. Please consider using GIFs or PNGs instead of flash graphics.
    Hi I was aware of using Flash buttons and I too use Firefox on my Windows system although I did download the plugin, was there any particular reason you do not use Flash on Firefox? If it creates too many problems for people I will perhaps change the buttons to GIF's. (I have just changed the pages to use Gif's just in case)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4

    linux newbies & another burning issue

    WOW thanks for this. I have been tearing out my hair!!!!!

    I am in the linux world!!

Similar Threads

  1. Burning to CD
    By zeroshard in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
  2. Burning ISO
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:08 AM
  3. CD burning
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
  4. KNOPPIX CD BURNING ISSUE
    By saravanan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 01:53 PM
  5. cd burning
    By sopo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair picture

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair

$365.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack picture

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack

$500.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$200.00



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99