-
Arrrrgggg....my script won't run from the desktop!
This is probably one of those newbie problems that will seem ridiculous once I start to understand what's going on. I want to run the following script from the KDE desktop (I've installed knoppix on my HD). I simply want to click on it and have it run:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem
wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo pump -i wlan0
echo done!
I've saved it to my desktop as hotNetwork.sh, and I've changed the permissions to be executable. When I click on it, nothing happens, and it doesn't run the commands in the script. Help?
-Tofer
p.s. I also tried assigning it to open up with "sh" or "bash" via the little wrench tool in the properties box, but that doesn't help.
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
-
By fabriloup in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
-
By lindros in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99

Commodore 64 1351 Compatible Optical Mouse with Adapter (Geos etc) - USA Seller
$29.99