Try at the boot prompt: knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0
Hello,
I am a newbie to Linux. Wanted to try out Knoppix as it sounded very simple. I would love to get more involved with Linux, but it seems so difficult for me to get started. I booted with the CD (created from the latest version) and it seens to work fine expect for audio. While boot up and even when I run the sound configuration utlity 0.57, it says that it detects the Intel sound card, but I can hear when I play an Ogg or other file. I read many of the posts, but I couldn't get much of it. Can someone pleaseee help me to get my sound card working ?
Thanks a tonne in advance.
Ganesh.
Try at the boot prompt: knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0
Thank you soo much. It works!!! Could never think of such a great timely support.
Regards,
Ganesh.
Your welcome, and while I'm at it, welcome to linux.

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00