Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Captive NTFS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Captive NTFS

    I can't seem to get captive-NTFS working on Knoppix 3.7 or Helix 1.5.
    Neither seem to want to work in 2.6 mode, but I can't get them to work on 2.4 either, although I get closer.

    * On 2.4, it looks like it mounts fine. I see and can read the entire NTFS filesystem structure. I can also create a file on the NTFS mount and can then read it, but it is not persistant. If I reboot or try to access the NTFS drive directly, the file was never created on the NTFS drive.
    No errors are given in my process.

    * On 2.6, it gasps out some stuff about LUFS and doesn't complete.

    I'm doing the following:

    Loading Knoppix/Helix in 2.4 mode.
    mkdir /mnt/dosc
    captive-install-acquire (wait until it grabs the krnl and other files available on the distro),
    hit skip, skip to get out of the acquirement process
    I modify etc/group to have "captive:101"
    I modify etc/gshadow to have "captive:*::"
    useradd -gcaptive -d/var/lib/captive captive
    mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hde1 /mnt/dosc

    I'm new to this stuff, so I'd appreciate any help any of you can offer.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    Have you tried manually unmounting the the captive-ntfs mount after you are done writing? I know I have to unmount after using chntpw for blanking NT passwords. Just a thought...

Similar Threads

  1. unable to write to NTFS with captive-ntfs
    By harry66 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
  2. Captive NTFS on Knoppix 3.6 and WInXP / NTFS hard drive
    By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
  3. Captive NTFS !*#!!!
    By masimar in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 04:13 AM
  4. Captive-NTFS
    By Sgeo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
  5. captive ntfs - mount ntfs (reade/write) through icon
    By terminator in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM picture

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM

$174.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00