If you are running from live CD you cannot install anything unless you do it with klik. I don't think winmodem support is available from klik, so it's a no-go.
Try kanotix. It has ltmodem already installed. The command is detect-modem.sh.
I use the Knoppix 3.7 CD to run on a laptop Toshiba Satellite 1905-S303.
It has one internal modem Toshiba Soft Modem AMR PCI bus 0, device 31, function 6, connected to COM3
I use the instruction here to install driver for the modem:
http://www.michaelminn.com/linux/not...edhat_8.0.html
However, the /etc/lib and some other directories of Knoppix are read-only, because they are on the CD, so I can not run
make install-amr to install the driver.
Do you have any suggestion about install Winmodem driver for Knoppix Linux?
I have 2 DOS partitions on my laptop to use as Swap, Home and Config storage for Knoppix.
Thank you,
Linh.
If you are running from live CD you cannot install anything unless you do it with klik. I don't think winmodem support is available from klik, so it's a no-go.
Try kanotix. It has ltmodem already installed. The command is detect-modem.sh.
Thank you CrashedAgain. It is indeed a no-go situation. I try Kanotix with detect-modem, but it doesn't work either.
Maybe I need to buy a PCMCI modem which Knoppix/Kanotix will recognize.

Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic
$99.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key
$34.99
Vintage 1995 Microsoft Natural Keyboard Ergonomic Windows In Box.
$189.89
Vintage NeXTstation N1100 Computer Workstation w HDD & FDD Steve Jobs Powers On
$299.95
Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99