Hi Everbody,
I have a problem upsetting me for a while. I'm trying to install a quantian CD(a scientific version of Knoppix) on a hard disk.
I get an error message saying:
"Scandir: No such device or address"
It floats on the screen when I run a shell window(ctrl+alt+f1). Anyway, I can get over it by changing to root shell(ctrl+alt+f3). I run cfdisk and install the quantian cd( based on version 3.6 Knoppix). Everything goes fine until through the end of install. I get a message
" Fatal: open /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp"
on the terminal screen and the install finishes succesfully.
When I reboot the computer, I get a full screen of L99. I tried the CD in different computer. It didn't work either.
(I used both knx2hd and knoppix-install scripts. No luck)
Strangely, I tried a version of Knoppix 3.2 on both computers, it worked. I can't solve the problem. Any idea?
thanks,

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95
BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00