-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Rumo

Originally Posted by
Guider
did I just have bad download?
Probably not. Two things you can do:
1) New try: Boot knoppix (this time don't boot into mode 2) and install it on the hd using 'sudo knoppix-installer'
2) it shouldn't be a problem to install an X-Server and KDE (or whatever windowmanager you like). If you have a fast internet connection you can use 'apt-get install xfree86-common'. If you want to install kde then type 'apt-get install kdebase' (probably this will also install xfree86-common if it is not already installed as it depends on X11).
I install it like that, using sudo knoppix-installer, but some files I still get IO/errors
Do you have AIM or YIM something? because everytime I post here it takes years to get a reply, and even longer for ME to reply
Anyway...... When I installed it, I booted it up and I got to the graphical part but there was no desktop so I restarted it..... at lilo I typed something like "Linux(2.4)-1 desktop=fluxbox" and it just went to a bash shell as root and I typed "startx" and I got a LOT of crap come up.... it couldn't start it basically, with reocurring errors
And, this laptop with the knoppix on isn't on the internet so..... yea
Similar Threads
-
By jader2toesbumpy in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:43 AM
-
By UnLISTEDxX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
-
By fred0843 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
-
By jon267 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By Kevin in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00