-
Not to let this thread die -
As far as I can tell, I have my LAN setup correctly (it's using a router, and I can see the knoppix pc in the DHCP list, access the router from the knoppix, etc) but smb://[computername]/[sharename] doesn't seem to be working. I've gone to the Knoppix->services->Start Samba server, so that should be running.
And of course, as my name implies, I'm openly noobish about this.
EDIT: I guess I never asked a question 
Anyone know why I should be able to be on the router and yet not see either computer's shares? Unfortunately ping is broken on my windows pc (transmit error code 65, whatever that means) and I don't know the equivalent command for knoppix, so I can't check that.
Similar Threads
-
By bdn103 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
-
By jason_pine in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
-
By LinuxDistros.CJB.NET in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00