So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.
I tried to create a persistent home directory on a USB-key under Knoppix 3.7. I used the the button ( script) Knoppix > Configure > Create a persistent KNOPPIX Home directory. After that I check the contains of the USB-key. I have a new file on it it seem to be a knoppix.img. I decide to test the persistent home directory by creating a text file in the home directory and I reboot the machine. At the boot prompt I type this "knoppix home=scan". After the boot my text file is not in the home directory but the knoppix.img is already on my USB-key.
What is the problem?
Thank you
So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection
$129.99
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99