Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: install HDD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    install HDD

    pc laptop toshiba satellite hdd 30Go proc celeron mobile ram 256 mo 2 windows partitions win XP 11Go unused
    not knowing much in system I've trying with the help of a book knoppix 3.3 to install knoppix 3.7
    first I used "cfkisk" to partition the 11Go spare space 1 swap 1 part for system and 1 part for home
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted
    instal had gone smartly pc rebooted and tried to start kde session that's where problems started

    err mess (partly in french sorry I'm a froggy) :
    un probleme est survenu pendant l'etablissement des communications inter-processus pour Kde. Le message renvoye par le systeme est :

    //.DCOPserver_montosh_0

    Veuillez verifier que le programme "dcopserver" fonctionne clic on "ok", new message

    la configuration ne sera pas enregistree, impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.KDE/share/config/kwinrc
    impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
    //.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

    if I log as root it'ok

    i try to reinstall whithout any modifications just using qtpart for creating partitions I had the same problem

    what can I do

    thks for ur help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: install HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by legascon
    ....
    after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted...
    I don't understand this part? What exactly did you edit? I think to add a separate /home partition you must edit the file /etc/fstab.

    Try the install without using the separate /home partition & see if it goes OK.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing picture

Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing

$96.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD picture

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD

$34.99



Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used picture

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used

$47.99



Vintage Polk Audio AMR130 5.1 Channel 6 Piece Computer Speaker System Open Box picture

Vintage Polk Audio AMR130 5.1 Channel 6 Piece Computer Speaker System Open Box

$269.99



2 Vintage 1980's Pinetree Systems DP 2502 Portable Data Terminal Computers picture

2 Vintage 1980's Pinetree Systems DP 2502 Portable Data Terminal Computers

$149.95



VINTAGE Atari Portfolio Serial Interface Module picture

VINTAGE Atari Portfolio Serial Interface Module

$185.00



Vintage Apple iMac G3 M5521 PowerPC G3 500MHz 384MB RAM - No HDD, Bad CD Drive picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 M5521 PowerPC G3 500MHz 384MB RAM - No HDD, Bad CD Drive

$249.95



Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used picture

Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used

$19.99



Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99