-
Just want a file off of the hd
Ok, I am a total noob. I want a file off of a linux hd. Mouse does not work and if I try to load anything other than failsafe puter freezes. If someone could just tell me how to connect to the web so I can send this file to myself with yousendit.com I will be finished for now. Have tried to copy the file to a fat 32 part on the puters other hd and can't figure out how to make the hd writeable. Using the Alt key, tab, and arrow keys I can move around enough to sort of figure it out with a little help. Thanks in advance. I am running Knoppix off of the only cd drive on the puter. No floppys. Normally run xp home if this helps.
-
Senior Member
registered user
i think it may be easyer for you to move around in text based. im not 100% sure what the boot code would be but something like
Code:
knoppix 2 Runlevel 2
once its booted up presuming you have a floppy drive go to that folder then list files guessing that its your c:\ that you want to get into type but you can change this depending on your situation.
Code:
cd /mnt/hda1/whateverfolder/thefiles/
then list all files again im not sure but i belive you have to before you can copy files to it make sure you do that anyway. once you have mounted floppy and found the file you want just
Code:
cp /mnt/hda1/whateverfolder\whateverfile.exe /mnt/floppy
and thats all you should need.
if you do not have a floppy drive you have another option still mount the /mnt/hda1 or what ever partition your trying to get the file from and just type this is a text based browser you will be able to go to the website of your choice and upload the file with that,
-
didn't work
Pureone,
Tried the suggestion didn't work. When I try to use anything except failsafe puter locks up. So here is my solution just need the step by step on how to do it.
boot "failsafe"
change Fat32 part on hard drive so it is writeable <this is where I need the step by step, remember mouse does not work>
copy file from linux hd to Fat32 part on windows hd.
If someone could walk me through the steps to make my fat 32 part writeable using alt key/arrow keys I think I can get this accomplished.
Similar Threads
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By ghoststrike in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
-
By dmedici in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

New Cisco SFP-10G-AOC3M= Compatible 10G SFP+ 3m (10 ft.) Active Optical Cable
$49.95

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99