-
Senior Member
registered user
Rip DVD to HD, errors/fails but play in Xine direct from DVD
Very frustrating this one. I want to rip my precious DVDs to HD but increasingly with the latest DVDs this fails. I've tried vobcopy (easy to use) cpdvd, dvdbackup and lxdvdrip. All fail on some disks, I expect from the symptoms (slow-downs) from read errors. (Sometimes a clean helps a little). I know that it's claimed that some errors are pressed into disks and I know about CSS (and more recently CPPM) - thats set up correctly, but this is it..... Xine plays them perfectly. Two things:-
1). Has anyone suggestions for a fix for ripping to HD?
2). Can anyone suggest a way to 'pipe' the good video and audio output from Xine to HD (a plugin?)
My only suggestions for 1). are slow down the drive read speed, turn off the drive error corrections or do a low level copy, like a 'raw-read' - I don't know how to do any of these.
My suggestion for 2). search on Google and the forums! - but how does Xine play them without errors showing? Can MPEG2 decoding fix errors?
Many thanks, Stu.....
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should just be able to use cp to copy the files off the DVD to the hard disk and if that works it elimates your drive manipulating issues. If you really wanted to you should be able to use (afaik) dd to make a complete image of the DVD on your hard disk (dd if=/dev/dvd of=/home/you/dvds/something.img).
Of course I may no longer have a clue what I am talking about and be completely wrong.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Good suggestion. A straight copy fails with "raw sense data - IO error - dev - sectors (and numbers)" in dmesg
Oddly, one of the early vob files it did copy was music which played okay-ish, I think this is something to do with the CPPM copy protection, the disk is required to be 'hybrid'
Stu.....
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By rebooter04 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 06:21 PM
-
By gK Angel in forum Games
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By needhelpNOW in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:27 PM
-
By Marker in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Lot of 2 Cisco 10-3107-01 SFP-10G-LR-S S-Class SFP+ 10G LR SMF LC Transceiver
$59.95

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70