Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remaster EADZ

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12

    Remaster EADZ

    Hi,
    I used the remaster page from EADZ in the documentation section on this site for my own cd. I have a couple of questions about this.
    A week ago I did a hd install of knoppix to my drive where I test some stuff. Today I read the remaster page of EATZ and i wanted to make
    my own cd, so I followed the documents and made a new directory knx on my hd, copied everything that was needed. But I stopped at
    chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX.
    My question is, when I boot with my hdinstall from last week, can I change then configuration files from there in my knx directory and backgrounds
    ect.. for my remaster cd that I'm making or do I have to be in the chroot to work with them?
    And later I changed the config files can I boot again with the cd and then chroot the enviroment to finish the process?
    I hope someone can help me with this.
    Thnx

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12

    anybody?

    Someone, please

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    47

    Re: anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by kurohyou
    Someone, please
    As you say that you are using installed version on harddisk. Then the changes you have so far to this installation should be preserved by now and by using the original CD, booting with it you can continue your work.

    Regarding making changes in chrooted environment, you can make changes to the scripts, backgrounds etc. in any distribution not only through KNOPPIX (even after booting through your harddisk install) no need to chroot.

    I hope it will help!!!

Similar Threads

  1. EADZ: I'm seeing a problem with flagging of new posts
    By Harry Kuhman in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
  2. To EADZ:What is your opinion on YOPER
    By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 09:48 AM
  3. Congratulations Eadz
    By John in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 04:31 PM
  4. EADZ - PLEASE READ!!!!!
    By Flibble in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2003, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99