Hello,
I just bought a MSI MS-8216 DVD-ROM and installed it as IDE1, master. It is detected by the bios (which only allows to boot from CD-ROM, as it's older), but you cannot boot a DVD from it. When trying to boot a Knoppix CD-ROM (I tried Knoppix 3.3, 3.4, 3.6 and 3.7) on that drive, the boot process freezes during the AGP detection step. Before, I had a Toshiba CD-ROM where the DVD-ROM is now and all mentioned Knoppixes worked well!
Furthermore, I have Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. When I boot that and try to mount the DVD, it works only when I try to read CDs, but not with DVDs. Note: The DVD I used for testing runs nicely on different PCs, hence it is not corrupt.
What shall I do?
Thanks & greetings,
Oli

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS
$125.00
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vintage Atari Portfolio HPC-704 File Manager/Tutorial Card In Case 1990
$54.99
Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read
$329.95
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29