-
/etc/module issues + /etc/initd/knoppix-autodetect on hd sys
Hey, I've been working on this knoppix-install (debian style) system for a few days now (thinkpad 600e) and I'm having some issues. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70705 has a good starting spot for getting this soundcard to work, and I *can* get it to work, BUT after startup i have to insmod -r the module, then insmod the module again, with appropriate paramaters. Also, lsmod repots the incorrect module being loaded (cs461x) but unused, and i get a whole slew of error messages about that particular module and all its failures when i start up. I can drop in the output of dmesg, or drop in my /etc/modules + /etc/modules-2.4.27 if that would help, but I'm confused.
Another thing I noticed is that inside /etc/initd/knoppix-hd-autodetect, the configuation style was 'beginner' even though I chose a debian style install. Why are these scripts (knoppix-hd-autodetect and knoppix-autotdetect) still here, and could they be the reason the wrong sound card modules are loading?
Also, on an unrelated note, periodically as I'm screwing with everything, i get module dependency errors on startup. i've run depmod, but all this just shows off my incomplete understanding of the module system, and its interactions with the knoppix scripts. Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By joejoe404 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2006, 02:01 AM
-
By The Saint in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2006, 02:57 AM
-
By m in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 03:48 PM
-
By sqrl in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99