-
Dual Boot XP and Knoppix problem
I have got xp and Knoppix on the same harddrive with different partitions. I want to use the NTLDR to select between os's, and I have modified the boot.ini so one of the selections is for knoppix and the other is for XP.
In Knoppix I have used the dd comand to create a linux boot file. dd if=/dev/hda3 bs=512 count=1 of=/mnt/floppy/knoppix.bin
I copied that file to the root of the c drive, but when i select knoppix i get the screen is just black and will not boot Knoppix!
When i press a key the screen is black.
I think i need to create a new knoppix.bin file because i did not edit anything i just used the dd command and i dont think the linux boot file is poinmting to hda3.
Any ideas!!
Thanks
Jacko
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By styven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
-
By kgonepostl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95