Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: using a PDA as a usb flash drive

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30

    using a PDA as a usb flash drive

    ok, so I dl'd a program (in windows) that will let me use my palm tungsten| e as a flash drive. It works fine in windows, but I can't seem to access it in linux.
    I don't know where to look for it! I tried sda1, but that was my external HD, so I tried sda, and that was empty. When I call usbview, it shows that there's a "usb-storage" device attached to my hub. So what do I do now?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    ok, I downloaded an update, and it seems to be detected now. It gets mounted (?) on the fly, but I only have read permissions. What could the problem be?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Right click on it and choose actions change the permission to read/write.

Similar Threads

  1. USB Flash Drive
    By allanz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  2. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  3. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  4. usb flash drive
    By mmaarrcc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Using a USB flash drive as RAM.....
    By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator picture

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator

$220.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



1979 vintage apple II 2  keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla picture

1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla

$500.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes picture

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes

$65.00



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$29.99