In windows xp device manager ,select view/show hidden devices, then uninstall the sound devices (all).
Then restart XP Pro, when the new hardware is discovered cancel. install the sound drivers from the ASUS disc instead.
I am troubleshooting a noisy Windows XP driver on an integrated sound chip on an ASUS A7VX-X motherboard. I have successfully loaded Knoppix 3.7 and it picked up the sound info but no sound plays. I know nothing about Linux but was hoping this CD based OS would help trouble shoot further a rather noisy sound (occurs turned up and whenever there is any hard disk activity, mouse movement, etc) under Windows XP Pro SP2.
Can someone help me test further?
thanks
In windows xp device manager ,select view/show hidden devices, then uninstall the sound devices (all).
Then restart XP Pro, when the new hardware is discovered cancel. install the sound drivers from the ASUS disc instead.
it's not in XP that I'm having a problem "identifying" the sound card. I want Knoppix to see it. I understand there's a particualr issue with Knoppix and this motherboard/soundchip (ASUS A7V8-X)

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00