-
No graphics when booting (like dos)
I seem to have a problem with a previously clean hard drive install. After the screen with the linux penguin where it verifies files etc, I get nothing. It just says log in at the bottom with a cursor as opposed to going to the knoppix screen with the graphics log in. Then once logged in it continues to opperate in this DOS like mode (kind of like being stuck in a terminal permanently). Does anyone have any clue how to recover or do I need to reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose everything? And yes, I did make a boot disk, but it seems to do nothing as far as solving the problem, almost as if it doesn't see it.
Thanks,
Brande
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your problem is the same one i'm experiencing. Mine seems to be because Linux thinks my KDE is already running, when obviously it isn't. Temporarily you can get into the GUI by typing "startx" at the command prompt, but that won't get it to start when your system starts.
Similar Threads
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By Hr.Viktor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
-
By Hobbieman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By rookworm in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50