Hi everyone.
I recently installed knoppix 3.7 with 2.6.9 kernel on my hd, via knoppix-installer.
Everything was going well, until I had to compile a new kernel to provide support for a RAID controller. I downloaded the 2.6.10 vanilla kernel and an Alan Cox's patch to it.
Everything went well, after the compiling I found in /boot the /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10 and /boot/initrd.img-2.6.10 files to boot with my new kernel
I modified lilo.conf as well and ran "lilo -v" to create the new item in the lilo boot screen.... BUT...
EVERYTIME I CHOOSE 2.6.10 THE SYSTEM LOADS THE 2.6.9 ONE!
What's happening???
Thx
--
cheesburger

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00