-
I have a separate partition for /usr/local
I have a separate partition for /usr/local which survives a reinstall. All the stuff, that I build from source ends up in /usr/local and survives so i would like to do the same with those app's I install with APT.
I like the idea of klik. But I have tried to get five different apps but only two of them worked: wajig and abiword. Unfortunately, GIMP and Gnucash did not and they are important to me.
I have also switched to Kanotix in an effort get something that will be less transitory. Have you successflly tried a dist-upgrade? I have spent the last couple of days doing an apt-get -d upgrade and will give it a shot tomorrow.
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2006, 02:58 AM
-
By kayl in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 03:23 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00