-
Unsuccessful with gnucash and gimp
I really like the idea of Klik. I am running with a hd installation of Knotix 7.
I really like the notion of installing self-contained applocations. I have had many
experiences where an updated library stopped an application from running; this happened twice last year with gnucash. Also, when I go from one version of Knoppix to the next, I have to reinstall a fairly large number of applications.
That said I have had trouble with several of the applications that I have installed via klik. Only two of five have been successful. The most important two to me were
gnucash and gimp.
gnucash download and set up OK but when I tried executing it, I got the message:
/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: No such file or directory
/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: cannot execute: No such file or directory
Gimp would not download; the message was:
The file or folder /debian/pool/main/gimp/gimp-data_2.2.3-1_all.deb does not exist. Is there something that I can do to get around these errors.
Finally a suggestion, I would really like to see the download process be restartable. I live with a slow dialup line and expect that the cmg files to be quite large.
I am pleased with abiword. I moved the cmg file to ~/cmg and set an bash alias to "~/.zAppRun ~/cmg/abiword.cmg". Now I can invoke abiword with the command abi.
Again, I applaud your efforts.
Similar Threads
-
By 4ndr0j34nz in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
-
By damoncf in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Raz in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
-
By salmansheikh in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 03:18 PM
-
By sireasoning in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70