Hi,

I have 40gb hdd with 6gb windows xp primary partition and 10 gb windows extended partition, both are ntfs.

I have launched the knoppix 3.7 from my cdrom with the ideea to install it on my hdd, using standard "install knoppix on hdd" gui from kde menu.

A message has appear and inform me that the hdd are not yet prepare to support this installation, and another message that recomand me to use a hdd partition application.So far, so good.

Using this application i create one 4gb ext3 partition, and a message has appear:

"No implementation: This ext2 filesystem has a rather strange layout ! Parted can't resize this (yet)"

I have tryed also with Partition magic, latest version, and i recive the same message.

I have tryed with the vmware image and the problem persist.

What should I do forward ? Please advice me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS.

My level on linus system is medium.

Thank you.