Hi,
Knoppix 3.7 runs OK on my PCG-FXA32, what version of Knoppix are you running and what hardware does your Sony Vaio have?
Has anyone figured out how to run knoppix's live cd on a sony vaio pcg-f450? I tried running it but it hangs on the following:
starting caldera dr.dos
emm386 3.27 (c)1992, 1998 Caldera Inc. All Rights Reserved
Frame=cc00 Kb=32768
and a blinking cursor.
The keyboard is deemed inoperative so I cannot type in any commands. I am a newbie to Knoppix so most likely it is something simple, but I have tried for several weeks to figure this one out.
Currently I run WinXP SP2 without a problem, but I want to stop with the microsoft madness.
Hi,
Knoppix 3.7 runs OK on my PCG-FXA32, what version of Knoppix are you running and what hardware does your Sony Vaio have?
I had that message recently when burning some ISOs using Nero......became clear that it was a duff burn. You need to try again using the "Burn image" option from the main screen file menu. Make sure u don;t use the wizard it can lead to the wrong choices.
Thanks, it appears it was my cd image. Worked like a charm. Have numerous error messages, but at least it is running. Now I am wondering if it is worth the change.![]()

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99