-
You really are making this lilo stuff too complicated for yourself. If you install XP first and then Knoppix, lilo should automagically add a line for XP so the only thing you really need to do is choose lilo to go to MBR and the next time you boot up you should have a choise between XP and Knoppix. It's only if something goes wrong that you need to manually edit lilo.
So basically I just have to make sure in LILO.CONF that this line is in there: boot=/dev/hda
Let me know if I am making this more difficult than it really is!!! Sorry fo repeating myself so much......So to sum it up.....By choosing to install LILO to MBR, I do that and also put the boot=/dev/hda line in LILO.CONF.....You are not confusing, I just have a problem with needing very explicit instructions! OK so I will use KNOPPIX to partition my disk, and for my Winxp partition, using CFDISK I will choose as "type" "FAT32" then let Winxp format that partition when I am installing. Whew! bob
That's the way I would do it, but OTOH I'm not at all as knowledgeable in this as you think while I still long for the days when you used a windows bootdisk and fdisk to do your windows formatting. I don't even know if the modern windows bootdisks let you format a partition to NTFS.
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
-
By outlawX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By Oceany in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By Shenr0n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
-
By wardialer in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00