You'll like this. As for not being writeable try opening the properties of the device and set it to read/write if you can, if you can't, do it under root.
I appologize if this has been asked already. I searched for iPod and found related notes, but
nothing specific.
I want to use my iPod as a backup disk for my PC running Knoppix. I connected the iPod and
booted, and the ipod was successfully mounted (/mnt/sda2) and its protections are set for
rwx (own/group/world). I can read this disk just fine, but I cannot write to it.
Any ideas ?
You'll like this. As for not being writeable try opening the properties of the device and set it to read/write if you can, if you can't, do it under root.

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00