Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Booting problem: "hde: drive not ready for command"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Booting problem: "hde: drive not ready for command"

    I am a neophyte when it comes to LINUX. I do use it occasional for programming, etc..., but I never had to configure anything.

    I have the iso I burnt to a CD, which I am trying to boot and run. I have WindowsXP installed on my first partition of my first drive. I have a Maxtor 200GB ATA 133 drive which is connected to an ATA PCI card. It does see my drives because I see them listed and their info.

    When the system boots I type expert and see what is going on and I wrote down this info:

    hde: pio
    hde: host protected area => 1
    hde: status timeout: {busy}
    hde: drive not ready for command
    hde: 398297088 sectors (203928 MB) w/ 1819KiB cache CHS = 155114/16/63

    I get a similar display for hdf, too.
    What is going on and what do I do? I did read some of the posts on here, but none of them were the exact same as my situation. I spent a few hours looking up the info myself. I tried some cheatcodes that I thought would work like nodma, noapic, acpi=off. Nothing works. I really could use the help.

    Anyway, thanks for the help in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Solved my problem

    I solved my own problem....

Similar Threads

  1. Booting problem: "hde: drive not ready for command"
    By MrBigTime in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
  2. "Drive not ready for command" error?
    By mco in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:16 PM
  3. CD boot hangs on "hde: drive not ready for command"
    By bladeraptor in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
  4. LiveCD 3.3 boot fails with "drive not ready for command
    By creicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
  5. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2 x Vintage IBM Mainframe Computer Card - Circuit Board picture

2 x Vintage IBM Mainframe Computer Card - Circuit Board

$49.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is) picture

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)

$350.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe picture

SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe

$73.99



Vintage Soviet Paper Tape Punch PL-150 Mainframe Computer Peripheral USSR picture

Vintage Soviet Paper Tape Punch PL-150 Mainframe Computer Peripheral USSR

$390.00