It runs on my HP ze1210. I don't use the modem so I cannot confirm whether it works or not. But, the sound, video, NIC, USB Mouse, Touchpad, Power Management, and CD burner work both when booting to the 3.2 (3-28-03) CD and with the HDInstall.

If you load Knoppix on your harddrive with the knx-hdinstall you will probably have to make a few corrections to get the same experience as booting to the CD. The wheel on my USB mouse worked when booting to the CD, but not after the HDInstall so I had to correct the XF86Config-4 setting. When booting to the CD you had links to any NTFS partitions on the desktop, which were automounted, but not on the HDInstall so I had to correct the fstab to fix that. If you create a new user they get the default KDE settings on the panel, not the standard Knoppix one but that is easily corrected. Other than that everything seems to work correctly.