-
Emergency advice needed
Hello there, I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, but I've been doing a lot of searching for any issue that might help me.
I use Gentoo Linux as my OS.
This is the problem: -
For my A level coursework I have been given the task of creating a system, unfortuanatly the computers at college only have MS Access installed (even though I pleaded for some MySQL/PHP support) so this is what the project has to be based on. Usually at this point everyone will probably suggest using "crossover office" which, unfortuanatly for me, doesn't want to work, it doesn't do anything when you try to install Office XP, it just stays at the "Installing DCOM95" bit, or sometimes gets past that but just stops on the "updating windows installer" bit. It doesn't hang however, it just stays at the same bit, no error message or anything! I've even left it for about 3 hours running, but the same thing happens
After consulting the people at Crossover, they said they do not support Gentoo for obvious reasons.
I'm now in the process of quickly thinking up some solution to rectify this. As I use a resier4 filesystem, people have stated that I shouldn't cut my root partition to make way for a Windows one. I'd agree with them on this as I am in great risk of losing data.
Anyway.
After looking on these forums, I feel I might have a possible solution, which is why I am posting this.
Is it possible to use Crossover Office with a Knoppix live CD?
I know it's a long shot, but I have seen it mentioned on these forums.
Thanks for any help that is received.
Similar Threads
-
By kooladi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 12:42 AM
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By WedDa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By rusty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 05:25 AM
-
By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50