-
Junior Member
registered user
I was downloading from a computer wirelessly networked. We set up port forwarding in the gateway/access point. On my computer, the XP firewall was not active and the internet connection service was not active.
The only thing I didn't attempt to modify was the DSL modem setup, since I realized that that could also have a firewall function only after I saw that the Bittorrent program was working.
As to being a leech, I followed the recommendation to stay connected after the file was downloaded and during this time, the upload rate was 10 kb/sec. I disconnected after 24 hours as recommended (about 350 meg had been uploaded during that time).
Obviously, I would be happy to upload more (in less time) especially if I would get a higher download rate. Since I am a visitor on my grandson's network, I don't want to muck with it just for my benefit. If he finds Bittorrent useful, then he can go through the ressetting of his modem and router/gateway/access point.
Parenthetically, I noted that there are a number of different Bittorrent and FTP clients said to have different advantages over the "originals". Some programs offer extra features including diagnosis of barriers to downloading and uploading. Any comments on these?
Thanks again.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
-
By jch02140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By igor_m in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By PuTzHeAd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50