-
Knoppix 3.7 AFU Full Debian install KDE wont work
Ive been trying do a full Debian install of this new AMateur Funk Distro 3.7 but run into a problem constantly. I suspect something is missing in the distro. It all appears to work fine but on boot up it gets to the user login screen and then comes up with a error box. Its releated to KDE . I can run FluxBox or IceWm desktop etc fine but KDE refuses to load. The error box says. "There was an error setting up inter process communications for KDE. The message returned from the system was could not read network connection list /home/knoppix/.DCOPserver_Knoppix3.7 Debian__0 . Please check that the Dcop server is running."
SO on realising this was a KDE desktop initialization issue I started to look at other desktops for now but unfortunately they dont have much to offer on the desktop and for a Windows junkie like me its all a bit confusing. I have done a check of the CD (2 of them) using the checkcd feature and also done the other installs Beginers and Knoppix types and these are fine. I would prefer to have the Debian install though by a long shot. I did a Debian install using the 3.3 knoppix CD and that was also fine but somethings missing here on this Amateur funk 3.7 distro I fear.
Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Tony Hunt.
Similar Threads
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By NORM7446 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 07:56 PM
-
By lordnikon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By soapee01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
-
By cozzy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00