-
HOWTO: ADSL/PPPOE for SBC Yahoo DSL and Knoppix 3.6
When I boot up, with 3.6 it does not work to simply run the ADSL/PPPOE configuration, this is a bug.
I start a terminal, type su, then ifconfig -- lo is the interface but should not be!
I type "ifconfig lo down"
I run "Network Card Configuration" and press enter to all prompts
I run "ADSL/PPPOE Configuration" then su and ifconfig and "killall pppd"
Then I run su, ifconfig and eth0 is correctly listed
I run "ADSL/PPPOE Configuration" again then su and ifconfig
Notice the inet (IP address) in ppp0 and use it for "ifconfig eth0 1.2.3.4" where 1.2.3.4 is your current IP, to link them together
Note: When my PC goes into standby mode to save power, I lose my ppp connection (HELP!) I need a way to store my ADSL password in a text script or file so that I can just type "pon" to go back online instead of having to run "ADSL PPPOE Configuration." Also I need a way to disable apmd and kapmd - I will just manually turn off my monitor. Also, are there some flags to pppd so it will keep the connection alive? Thank you kindly!!
--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services
Box 13692, La Jolla, CA, 92039, USA
http://Www.Video2Video.Com
Similar Threads
-
By ERsKA in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
-
By rickwinters in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:57 PM
-
By ronin1967 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:56 AM
-
By funky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
-
By Win95user in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Lot of 2 Cisco 10-3107-01 SFP-10G-LR-S S-Class SFP+ 10G LR SMF LC Transceiver
$59.95

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70