I share a similar problem. it becomes annoying to do the same two commands to use the internet.
Can this be simplified at startup?Code:iwconfig ath0 essid **** channel 10 mode Managed key ************* pump -i ath0
hey gang,
I got my wireless card all set up and mastered, the card is autodected and labeled as Ath0. but everytime I boot into Knoppix I need to run the configuration script over, use ifconfig ath0 up, and pump -i ath0 every time I boot into my knoppix (btw, I have a HDD install)
is there anyway I can set this up so that it does all this for me automatically at boot/startup/login?
I share a similar problem. it becomes annoying to do the same two commands to use the internet.
Can this be simplified at startup?Code:iwconfig ath0 essid **** channel 10 mode Managed key ************* pump -i ath0
try adding your configuration to the file /etc/network/interfaces; add something like
iface ath0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid ********
wireless-channel 10
wireless-mode Managed
wireless-keymode restricted
wireless-key1 ****-****-****-****-****-****-**
wireless-defaultkey 1
and it might be a good idea to use tabs (don't know if necessary, though) before the wireless-* keywords.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00