-
SB Live worked-restarted... now it doesnt!
Ok Im running Knoppix 3.7 with 2.4 kernel.
I had my sound working with my SoundBlaster Live pci card. I dreded restarting because it always seems to mess things up!! Anyways, I shut down, and upon returning to my KDE, guess what - sound isnt working!
The modules are loaded. emu10k1
Before all that I did to get the sound to work (after installing drivers etc...+shutdown for the night after i got sick of messing with them!) was type:
modprobe snd-emu10k1
and VOILA! - My sound was working! Unfortuantly the modprobe command did not work this time; even after unloading the soundcore and emu modules.
Im quite dissapointed =(
Also, is their a file somewhere that I can restart and not have to bring all my devices up manually? (i have to './start_net' everytime i reboot to get my wifi working)
Thank you.
-
Weird! Ok, i restarted once again and messed around a bit.... rmmod snd-emu10k1 ---> insmod snd-emu10k1 which resulted in XMMS being able to playback audio! GREAT! Only thing is that I have no idea why this did not work before. (Once again: it was not muted in the mixer or XMMS)
Now, Im scared to shut down, and have to mess around for another hour to get it up and working again.
How can I make it so every time i start up, my WiFi connects auto, and my SB works?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Quadrelli in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
-
By radu_dragonul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 05:35 PM
-
By Domhnull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
-
By The Fader in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:38 AM
-
By thewalkingman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00