-
Senior Member
registered user
As a very quick fix, you could try Kanotix which has FF included.
-
As a very quick fix, you could try Kanotix which has FF included
Thanks, probono...Already have Kanotix...And am anxious to try out SimplyMepis Live CD with persistent home and Firefox (but NOT ready for SimplyMepis 3.3 as yet, since it seems to be still quite buggy).
Will keep in touch for Klik's updates also...
Thanks and regards...
-
Well, Probono...I now have:
On the way..
Hope they both live up to expectations (or is that a contradiction-in-terms when referring to Linux distributions ? ).
Regards...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did it work now? If not, please try klik://nvu and report whether that works for you.
Greetings,
probono
-
Hello, again, probono...
Had some trouble with Kanotix BH 2005.01 LiveCD...Persistent Home + configs.tbz are NOT saving all the KPPP settings (no ID or PW), nor panel configs, icons deleted & saved, etc. It DOES save wallpaper
So I have not tried Klik with it yet ;-(
I'm now running (from LIVE CD) SimplyMepis 3.3 with a persistent home (" /home/demo ") using AdrianTM's scripts ('saveset' and 'loadset')...but I see that it's NOT among the distributions supported by Klik
What's the _size-MB_ of nvu ? I might try it on Kanotix BH 2005.01 when/IF I get it running better.
Thanks...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've pretty much dropped Mepis from my focus because at the moment more than 90 percent of klik users come from Kanotix. But anyway you could try on newer Mepis versions, too. I just didn't test it there.
Greetings,
probono
-
I've pretty much dropped Mepis from my focus because at the moment more than 90 percent of klik users come from Kanotix. But anyway you could try on newer Mepis versions, too. I just didn't test it there.
Tried to install Klik to SimplyMepis 3.3 (kernel 2.6.10) LiveCD...
got error:
"KDE Man Viewer Error
No man page matching to found. You can extend the search path by setting the environment variable MANPATH before starting KDE."
If this makes any sense to you...AND
If there's a potentially easy work-around...THEN
Please advise.
Thanks...
EDIT...BTW The location showing in that Error message is:
"man:/%0A# wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh"
-
Senior Member
registered user
Please copy the following line:
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
Then, press Alt-F2 and paste there what you have copied.
Press Enter.
Does it work now?
Greetings,
probono
-
Please copy the following line:
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
Then, press Alt-F2 and paste there what you have copied.
Press Enter.
Did so...With following result:
"Your /etc/fstab is not setup to use cmg files. Please run /home/demo/klik-cmg-install-root as root."
Did that:
demo@ttyp1[demo]$ su
Password:
su: Authentication failure
Sorry.
demo@ttyp1[demo]$ su
Password:
root@ttyp1[demo]# /home/demo/klik-cmg-install-root
root@ttyp1[demo]#
Tried to install 'kpat' from Klik...
klik://kpat
But when I click on that I continually get "ALERT: klik is not a registered protocol"
...And I'm afraid that I don't know to get past that...
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
wsg
Tried to install 'kpat' from Klik...
klik://kpat
But when I click on that I continually get "ALERT: klik is not a registered protocol"
...And I'm afraid that I don't know to get past that...

That simply means your browser doesn't understand what it is meant to do with klik:// links. It should work though with firefox (and mozilla-browser), konqueror and elinks. What browser are you trying, can you try one of the others?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
-
By zian in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM
-
By KanotixUser in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00