-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
CapNemo
i tried what you suggested and enabled dhcp on the router.
knoppix couldn't assign an ip address while booting, and network-setup couldn't either later on.
if i enter the values manually again, i get the same results.Nemo
By network-setup I hope you mean netcardconfig, but I wanted to ask. I think were's going to have to be very exact on or terms and keywords if we are going to track this down and not make assumptions about what the other is saying.
With the router's DHCP enabled and Knoppix booted without the nodhcp cheat code, try the two following commands from a shell "sudo mii-tool -r" and "netcardconfig". When Netcardconfig starts, take the YES option. Please post back the exact text of any errors.
I'm still hoping that ethereal might be giving you some insight, as I do have doubts that the above will tell us that much. Certainly your card is working fine if it can ping other local systems. It might help to post back the exact text of the result of the ifconfig command. You could also use ifconfig to change your mtu if you really think that could be an issue, but I don't see how it could be for a simple ping. And you might want to look at the man page for ifconfig for other inspiration.
Similar Threads
-
By MrDuck in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
-
By Chief_Wiggum in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00