-
Knoppix can't install automatically my sound card....
Hi, I need some HELP because I'm sick of windows but I'm just a starter at linux!!!!
I have an ASUS BAREBONE T2 P DELUXE, wich as you probably know comes allready with an on bord sound card.
The thing is that i've istalled Knoppix latest version, and I've updated it on the web (a friend of mine did it actually, because I don't know haw to do it!)
Everithing got installed, except the sound card. I've gono to asus and thay gave a driver wich should function, but did not.
I have this guy, who is a computer engeneer, that told me if i could get i'm the definitions of the soud card it would be very simple to install it manually!
I never saw im again unfortunately!
Althogh I have here the definitions of my motherboard, sound card included...
Here thay go:
root@Panchito:~# lspci -n -v
0000:00:00.0 Class 0600: 8086:2570 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a5
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at fe800000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
[size=4M]
Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]
0000:00:02.0 Class 0300: 8086:2572 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a5
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ
16
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
[size=128M]
Memory at fe780000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=512K]
I/O ports at eff0 [size=8]
Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 1
0000:00:1d.0 Class 0c03: 8086:24d2 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 16
I/O ports at ef00 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.1 Class 0c03: 8086:24d4 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 19
I/O ports at ef20 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.2 Class 0c03: 8086:24d7 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 18
I/O ports at ef40 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.3 Class 0c03: 8086:24de (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 16
I/O ports at ef80 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.7 Class 0c03: 8086:24dd (rev 02) (prog-if
20)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 23
Memory at fe77bc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=1K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]
0000:00:1e.0 Class 0604: 8086:244e (rev c2)
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01,
sec-latency=64
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: fe500000-fe5fffff
0000:00:1f.0 Class 0601: 8086:24d0 (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:1f.1 Class 0101: 8086:24db (rev 02) (prog-if
8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 18
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
Memory at 1f800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=1K]
0000:00:1f.3 Class 0c05: 8086:24d3 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:80a6
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
I/O ports at 0400 [size=32]
0000:00:1f.5 Class 0401: 8086:24d5 (rev 02)
Subsystem: 1043:810d
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0,
IRQ 17
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
I/O ports at ee80 [size=64]
Memory at fe77b800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=512]
Memory at fe77b400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
0000:01:03.0 Class 0200: 10ec:8139 (rev 10)
Subsystem: 1043:8109
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64,
IRQ 22
I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
Memory at fe5ffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You can also go at < http://uk.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=T...eluxe&langs=11 > and have a look at the definition of the motherboard and soudcard.
I have to warn you that althogh i understand a lot of windows, i do not understand nothing, absulutely nothing of linux (for the moment
) .
Thank's a lot for any help...
Linux is the best!!!!
Francisco
-
Senior Member
registered user
Which version of Knoppix are you using?
Which Kernel?
With the 2.6 kernel, ALSA (the sound driver) is part of the kernel: your soundcard should be up and running.
With 2.4 you'll probably have to use the penguin icon (bootom left on the taskbar) > configure > configure soundcard.
Is this a Hard Drive install?
-
I've just noticed that mi version is maybe not the latest!
Mi version is Knoppix 2.78.
I've tried the 2.6 and it can't instal it, and it eve warns me about it. Its sayssometing like it will work withoh sound!!!
Whith the version 2.4 (the one i use most as it recognises mi internet connection, whitch oddly enough the 2.6 doesn't) I've tried lhe penguin configuaration (sound card configuration) which is at the same menu where we can configure the networ,k and video card etc. It recognises the sound card, and it even trises to overwrite the existing driver, but at the end, when it tests the sound, it still doesn't work. They then say we will go to manual config, bat then the config window just dissapears. JUst like that!
Thank's
-
I've just manage to connect to the internet whith the 2.6.9 version.
Ive tried to install the sound card whith the penguin but the same as in the 2.4 version happened.
It recognises althogh the model, like in 2.4 version: INTEL CORP. |82801EB AC'97 AUDIO CONTROLLER
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-28-2006, 06:19 AM
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By nateriley57 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00