I am running knoppix from cd on winxp, i am trying to install the modem and printer driver but it doesn't allow me to install and gives me error that says permission denied and ask me for the password. please help.
I am running knoppix from cd on winxp, i am trying to install the modem and printer driver but it doesn't allow me to install and gives me error that says permission denied and ask me for the password. please help.
Unfortunately it isn't possible to install anything to the cd. You must either install Knoppix to the hard drive or remaster a version with those drivers. It is possible however to load modules from a floppy during boot. I personally have never used the "persistent home" feature of Knoppix. I do not know if it would work or not. -sorry

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99