-
OpenOffice Language Changed
I've been running a Knoppix 3.4 hard drive install for several months now -- it works great! Today, for some reason, when I went to run OpenOffice I got a message that it couldn't find the office subdirectory in my home directory. I checked and there was an office subdirectory but now all my menus are in German. How do I get the English menus back?
Thanks,
Bill
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix has a 'special edition' English & German OpenOffice version which also has no help files (to save space). Best way to correct this is to remove this openoffice & install the standard version.
Also see this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77926 for more hints on language setting. You can also save a bunch of space by apt-get remove kde-i18n* which will remove about 100 meg of kde alternate language support files.
-
Thanks, I'm doing what you suggest right now. The kde-i18n* removal suggestion is much appreciated. This has given me the idea to go through the packages listings and take out other programs that I will never use.
Thanks again,
Bill
-
What I did was this.
Uninstall the OpenOffice that comes with Knoppix: apt-get remove openoffice-de-en
Download latest English version of OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org
Extract and run the setup script.
Similar Threads
-
By cezar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By leq75 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00