Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Apt-Get Not Working

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Apt-Get Not Working

    Suddenly I'm getting apt-get errors that keep me from apt-getting anything.

    The message is:

    dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1262 package `openoffice-de-en':
    missing version

    I think this started when I was trying to update Open Office and got bumped offline somehow.

    What do I do to fix this?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Down and Diry "Fix"

    Well, this is probably a horrible hack, but I've got Apt-get working again.

    I noticed that there was a status.old file in the same directory but I renamed the current one to status-corrupt and then renamed status.old to status.

    Now apt-get works, although I do get a "serious error" message after something downloads and installs.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. apt-get not working
    By linuxer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
  2. Any fix to get USB 2.0 working 3.8.1?
    By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:02 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  4. USB not working
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:49 PM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99