-
New Problem
I figured out how to access the root folder in my previous post but I cannot share out the files via samba or anything http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17532
I tried to share the root folder via Local Net Sharing and in the box it says Only directories in your home directory can be shared.
So what do I do? I tried to copy the files that i wanted to share out to my home folder every which way i could i did cut and paste, move to home folder option, no luck.
So I ask how do I go about solving this problem?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do you know the dd command? enter "man dd" at a terminal.
Basically the comand to move a file or even a partition is dd if=everything_you_want_to_move of=place_you_want_to_move_to
e.g "dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/dev/hda1 would copy hda3 to hda1 hope that helps.
-
it will not let me move my "moviesetc" folder into my "home folder" here is the command i was using
dd if=/mnt/hda2/root/Desktop/moviesetc of=/mnt/hda2/home
then it says
dd: opening `/mnt/hda2/home` : Is a directory
So what do i do here?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
contro19
it will not let me move my "moviesetc" folder into my "home folder" here is the command i was using
dd if=/mnt/hda2/root/Desktop/moviesetc of=/mnt/hda2/home
then it says
dd: opening `/mnt/hda2/home` : Is a directory
So what do i do here?
I haven't used dd to move between /mnt folders are the actual files in /mnt?
Is your /hda2/home large enough to hold what you're trying to move?
It seems like it should work for you though. Are you doing "dd" as root?
If not try that.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99