-
Dell mouse wheel acting funny (esp. in Mozilla)
I can use the wheel to scroll about halfway down a web page, then it stops responding. I haven't noticed this in other apps yet.
-
Senior Member
registered user
it's not just a dell issue. it's related to the content beneath the cursor. Mozilla is trying to scroll the content separate from the page. If you move your mouse cursor over to the side of the page where there isn't any content that Mozilla might interpret as an iFrame or something, it will usually start working again. It's usually on these forums and other phpBB forums right? those are the only places i've had that problem.
-
Thanks... that makes sense, I guess. Yeah, I think just on these types of forums - it doesn't happen on every site.
-

Originally Posted by
foamrotreturns
it's not just a dell issue. it's related to the content beneath the cursor. If you move your mouse cursor over to the side of the page where there isn't any content that Mozilla might interpret as an iFrame or something, it will usually start working again.
So that's why, thanks I always learn something new on this forum..actually I use my cursor on the left of the screen where I am reading this forum.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Glad i could help. Ironically, i figured this out by trial and error. It was annoying me so i did a test on several sites and figured out that it was only on phpBB sites and only when the cursor was hovering over a post. From that I gathered that Mozilla was trying to scroll the individual posts so I moved the cursor over into the avatar area of the page and it scrolled all the way down.
Similar Threads
-
By guyr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 06:02 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:09 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM
-
By my2cents in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 03:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09