-
NTFS Data Recovery Help
Hi there. I have a serious problem regarding data recovery on an NTFS volume running on Windows XP Professional (Yes, I know... Please spare me the ridicule...) and I was told by a friend that Knoppix is capable of recovering my files. The nature of the problem is thus: I have an 80gig Western Digital hard drive enclosed in a 3.5" I/O Magic USB enclosure which I use solely for multimedia and large files. A few days ago, I received an error message that read something along the lines of, "Delayed write error... the MFT has been corrupted". Since then, it only recognized the file system as RAW, rather than NTFS, rendering the volume itself inoperable. I had no choice but to do a quick format to write the basic NTFS system files back onto the volume, so I could access/read it. Everything went smoothly and I decided to call it a night, for I had to wake up early the next morning, but unbeknownst to me, one of my family members used my drive while I was sleeping and wrote a lot of data to it, making it nearly impossible to recover any of the files using Windows 32 programs. =/ To make a long story short, I need a reliable program or information on how to have Knoppix recover data beyond the entry level. I know that the government can recover data from beyond 3 levels down. Surely, Knoppix must be capable of recovering data from 2 levels down, right? Could someone please help me out? I'd be eternally indebted. Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By andyp in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By mustjustbe in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2007, 03:32 AM
-
By Metallo in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
-
By cohyster in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99