-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ace
Thanx for all who helped. Modifying the minirt file as suggested by UnderScore proved to be the easiest and most efficient. It also allowed me to make all kinds of other tweaks.
Thanks for getting back to us & letting us know how it went.
I am glad that I can help.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
knopx4me wrote
Try to add the following to the /etc/skel/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file of the remastered distro just before starting kdm:
cp -rp /KNOPPIX/var/lib/mysql /var/lib
I am not expert in mysql so I do not know what permissions you should also add to the above. Try it, it should work.
The -p option to the cp command preserves the permissions and should be all that is needed. Thanks for the information about the
/etc/skel/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file.
One question which underscore may be able to help with regarding Knoppix 3.8, which I haven't tried yet. Does the unionfs system mean that a LAMP server
running under Knoppix 3.8 will not need any special commands to enable users to modify data? Will it just mean starting Apache and MySQL and away you go?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
markpreston
Does the unionfs system mean that a LAMP server
running under Knoppix 3.8 will not need any special commands to enable users to modify data? Will it just mean starting Apache and MySQL and away you go?
As far as I can tell, you do not need to modify anything. Now I have NOT done any testing in regards to 3.8 & LAMP but with 3.8 it should be "start & away you go". This is because UnionFS transparently mounts a portion of the systems's RAM (/ramdisk) on top of / (root of the knoppix CD filesystem). This enables the user to do things that were practically impossible such as using apt-get to update the apt DB and install software. And note that apt-get stores the downloaded .deb archive files in /var/cache/apt/archive.
So yes, 3.8 should make LAMP and/or other scenarios that need to write to /var very easy.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is Knoppix 3.8 out yet? Where I can download it?
Sorry to go out of topic.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
knopx4me
Is Knoppix 3.8 out yet? Where I can download it?
Sorry to go out of topic.
Page 4 or page 5 of this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17398 has a link to a bittorrent download for 3.8 Cebit Edition.
Similar Threads
-
By PlatinumPlus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:17 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By antti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99