-
GFX problem...
Hello!
I installed Knoppix on my PC few days ago and I like it. Only problem with it is that I can't use resolution bigger than 1024*768, and I'm used to one time bigger resolution. So I really need to get it one step bigger.
So, the question is, do I need to update my GFX drivers or what I need to do?
My GFX card is : NVIDIA 4 TI 4600
And if I need to install the drivers, how to do it and where to get the drivers? I absolutely have no idea. I don't know a thing about Linux, I'm trying to learn so bare with me.
Thanks already.
EDIT #1: Or can this whole problem be some sort of monitor driver mess up? Or does the monitor even need drivers? 
My monitor is: Compaq MV740.
- PsySonic
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're just learning so I hesitate to suggest this, but it may do the trick.
You could open a terminal "su" to root and do "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"
That command will open up a program to set up your xserver including monitor and
resolution and everything else x does. It could take a couple of runs through it to get it right,
and if you enter the wrong parameter you could lose your xserver entirely.
That being said though it might get you the screen resolution you want.
You also could edit your /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 check that file to
see what resolutions are listed under "monitor" Maybe editing that would work but I like the
dpkg-reconfigure method.
Good luck.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00